I'm a big supporter of charities and want to make it a regular enjoyment. I'm one of those people, if a cashier asks me to donate a dollar, or five, for a charity, I will, without thinking. To try to play a bigger part in society, I'm going to donate to a charity once a month. I feel like I can skip a restaurant meal, or two, to give to an organization doing something to make a difference.
My first donation will be to ASPCA (of course) http://www.aspca.org/donate/ to help stop animal cruelty.
I have a few more organizations lined up for the coming months. If you have an organization that is worthy of a donation, let me know!
The following are already on my list:
- The Dr. Andrew David Bagby Family Medicine Scholarship
- If you're interested to know more about this scholarship, I would highly recommend watching "Dear Zachary".
- The ALS Association: Fighting Lou Gehrig's Disease
- In memory of Kimi's family members who have suffered from this disease, and a co-worker who passed from this unfortunate disease.
- Jayden DeLuca Foundation
- To help with children's heart research. In memory of a co-worker's granddaughter who passed at a young age from a heart problem.