Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Giving Back

I've decided that I want to give back.

I'm a big supporter of charities and want to make it a regular enjoyment. I'm one of those people, if a cashier asks me to donate a dollar, or five, for a charity, I will, without thinking. To try to play a bigger part in society, I'm going to donate to a charity once a month. I feel like I can skip a restaurant meal, or two, to give to an organization doing something to make a difference.

My first donation will be to ASPCA (of course) http://www.aspca.org/donate/ to help stop animal cruelty.

I have a few more organizations lined up for the coming months. If you have an organization that is worthy of a donation, let me know!

The following are already on my list:




  • The ALS Association: Fighting Lou Gehrig's Disease

  • http://www.alsa.org/donate/

  • In memory of Kimi's family members who have suffered from this disease, and a co-worker who passed from this unfortunate disease.




Amber D.



No comments: