Thursday, July 28, 2011

Okay, seriously...

I cannot watch another minute of TV! I need to get working on my projects that I've had sitting around the house, because I am just to bored and tired of watching television. I have a greeting card project that I wanted to wait until winter, maybe I should think of starting it earlier or get really serious with my new goal...

I decided that I am going to hold off in paying a coach to help me with the figure competition. I've started to do detail research on my own to figure out what I can start on to loose the initial fat. First is my water intake. Other competitors say to work up to a gallon of water a day! What?! Ummm... I barely get down 32 ounces... I guess I will need to work on that. Next, obviously is diet. I need to eat 5 - 7 meals with a combination of protein, fat, and carbs, with protein being the main source of calories. The meals are what I have the least amount of experience on. I know what I can eat and how much of it to keep weight off, but to loose fast, I don't know the calorie combination. I will need to look more into that and see if I can find some stats in terms of my body fat, height, and weight to what my percentages should be. Next is exercise. It looks from this point, I need to do more sets of exercises, five instead of three, but still at the ten reps. The lifting exercises look like they would take about an hour, which I love, then thirty minutes of cardio afterwards. These figures are just what I have found browsing. I am hoping to get more specific meal plans and exercises within the next couple of weeks. City of Loveland has a rec center called the Chilson Center and as a city employee, I get the pass 1/2 off. I'm going to start with a ten punch card and try the gym out to see if I like it before I get a long term commitment. The gym opens at 5:30 am, so if I am there by 5:30 am and do the exercises I would be done by 7 am and showered by 7:30 am to be at work by 8 am, or earlier. I can be dedicated in the morning, I will need to make a routine out of it. Then I should be doing it six days a week.

This thought process is new for me because, I'm usually not supportive of this type of behavior. I know this isn't lifetime behavior, but necessary to achieve the goal I want. I'm interested to see if I can shift my mind into the intensity that's necessary.

Amber D.

Do you know anything about the above information?! I'd love to hear about your experiences!

No comments: