Monday, October 3, 2011

Holy Cow, Cravings

I have hit a wall tonight... I want CAKE BALLS! I literally threw a fit. I was trying to cry about it, but I couldn't pull the tears. I am just craving sweets like crazy, and acting crazy about it!

A couple of years ago, when I was looking around on bodybuilding.com to see how people make their bodies look so amazing, I came across a woman's blog about her journey. She said she went to a BBQ and turned down hot dogs and just ate her plain chicken breast with a salad. People made comments and wondering what she was doing. She said that to get where she wanted to be, it takes extreme commitment and dedication. I never thought it would be like this or feel like this. I knew I would have cravings, but to want to cry over not having cake balls?

My coach says that true athletes that want to obtain this type of physique eat only 5 "cheat" meals out of the year: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Birthday, and maybe 4th of July.

Now I feel torn... Do I want to do this for a competition, or just eat healthy and be able to eat the cake balls that I ooooh so love... or am I letting my cravings get the best of me... but this is something I've always wanted. I don't mind cardio six times a week and weights four times a week, it's just the food restrictions that are driving me mad at this point (at week three). Tonight has definitely tested me.

No comments: